Q: How do I change the site my license key is used on?
A: You can change the site your key is used on up to 3 times a year. You can do this by following these steps:
- Remove the license key from your existing site by going to “Zero BS CRM Settings -> license keys” and clearing the license key input, then saving.
- Log into app.zerobscrm.com and navigating to “License Keys” using the menu at the top right.
- Clicking “Remove” next to the license key which has the site which you want to remove the key from.
- Enter your license key on the new site you want to use Zero BS CRM on, which will associate the license with the new site.
Note: You will only be able to get up-to-date extensions and warnings on one site per license key. Please do delete extensions from sites which are not licensed to use them, because in time they may become out of date and dysfunctional/a security risk.
Q: I am getting “Your License key is either invalid, expired, or not assigned to this site” error, but my key is correct. What gives?
A: Zero BS CRM licensing should work on any server that WordPress can run on, however in order to validate your license, and check for extension updates, it will need to ‘call home’. Some servers block such calls, which can mean that licensing returns this error.
To solve this:
- Try disabling plugins such as “Wordfence” or “All in One WP Security” while you activate your license. (Note: This plugins may block automatic/update checks, we’re working on this)
- You will need to have CURL or file_get_contents server settings enabled. If you have no security plugins, but you keep getting the above message, you may need to contact your webhost and ask them to validate CURL is enabled.